Off Duty
The idea behind this outfit is a soldier or a guard who is off duty, and decides to wander the town and browse.
Also, I'd like you all to meet my new alt, Erchelm! After heartily enjoying Othelm (my race of man mini) on beta, I decided to make a physically similar character on my main server.
The main colors I tried to base the outfit around are steel blue and silver, with the silver coming from the accents on the pieces.
The only downside about this outfit on a race of man is because of the length of the hauberk, you will experience a bit of cutting with the boots.
The hauberk is definitely my favorite part of the outfit. I used this hauberk quite recently in a different outfit, but its too cool not to use multiple times.
The gloves were chosen next, because they dye fairly well, but keep a hearty, strong feel. The boots are an absolute favorite of mine, with a very unique design.
I finished off with the shoulder guards, which are a simple silver base.
Shoulders: Lesser Enduring Pauldrons of Fate (steel blue dye) - World drop
Chest: Hyrde-breost (steel blue dye) Dunland epic quest reward
Hands: Vibrant Calenard War Gauntlets (steel blue dye) heavy crafted tier 7
Feet: Dreng-gesc (steel blue dye) Dunland epic quest reward





A wonderful outfit, Makaia! That chest piece (hauberk, robe, or something between the two) is one of my favorite Dunland cosmetics. It's very versatile and always dyes nicely. It's also one of those rare pieces I find both fashionable and combat-ready. I've never used it on a male character before, so I had no idea it would be longer than the female's version. Could have sworn that trend started with the Helm's Deep skins!
ReplyDeleteKeep 'em coming :)
Thank you so much, Nathrien!
DeleteAgreed, the hauberk (or maybe it is a robe?) is one of my favorites.