Bleak as Winter - Region Series Part V
When I was posting on this blog on a consistent basis, the Region Series was my favorite series I've ever worked on. I also had two other series' on this blog, Crafted Sets with Cosmetic Value and Matching A Steed, but the region series was truly my favorite. There's something so magical about taking a region, an entire region, and trying to form an outfit inspired by that region.
It is truly a difficult task. Every single region is so unique and diverse, and while it may maintain the same general feel, every single village or homestead within that region each has its own flair.
It is truly a difficult task. Every single region is so unique and diverse, and while it may maintain the same general feel, every single village or homestead within that region each has its own flair.
It's odd that I chose Wildermore as the region to bring back this series with. All in all, it is one of my least favorite regions in the game. It is beautiful, yes, but it is incredibly desolate and forlorn. Even Forochel, just as snowy and bleak, has more activity and homeliness to it than Wildermore does.
I began this outfit with the shoulders; I was oh so close to abandoning the shoulders and starting fresh. They are incredibly difficult to pair with anything, especially robes - which I had set my heart on using, because of the clipping that takes place in the upper chest. But yet I persisted, and a lovely friend sent loads of robe suggestions my way and I was able to find this beautiful robe: quite ironically a Wildermore Survivors recipe.
The robe fits beautifully into the survivor feel. With the belts and straps located all over it, it grants the impression of needing to place food and other necessities upon it in order to last even a few days out in the frozen tundra of Wildermore.
A hood made perfect sense for this outfit, as hoods keep the ears covered from the cold yet the eyes alert for danger. I followed up with simplistic boots and gloves, and a hearty sword and shield to defend against foes.
Head: Light Nadhin Hood - black
Shoulders: Potent Skirmish Pauldrons of the Mark - white
Chest: Supple Wildermore Robe of Tactics - black
Hands: Lesser Memory of the West Gloves - umber
Feet: Lesser Secret of the West Boots - black
Sword: Iron Sword
Warsteed:
Legs: Light Leggings of the Norcrofts - rust
Tail: Simple Tail - black
Hide: Solid War-steed - black
Saddle: Light Saddle of the Norcrofts
Gear: Survivalist's Accessory





Comments
Post a Comment