Matching a Steed: Prized Angmar's Free Peoples
A couple days ago, I was at the auction hall and I came across this hood for a fairly cheap price, and I quickly snatched it up. I ended up buying multiple pieces that day, and finishing up an outfit using the hauberk from ages ago. I originally started out with all the pieces dyed walnut brown, but then I mounted up on my current favorite horse, and I realized that if I dyed only a few pieces, the outfit would match the horse almost perfectly.
The hood and shoulder guards happen to be from the same set, with the same going for the gloves and boots, but there are certain things that help them match and go quite well with the outfit as a whole. Interestingly enough, despite the fact of them featuring shades of gold, the shoulder guard also has a gray metal looking piece on it. It is that certain thing that really helps it flow into the hauberk, as the hauberk boasts a large metal looking area on the stomach.
The hauberk is mainly made up of scale like sections, but it also features a necklace, which is a very unique part of the piece, and some undyeable olive colored areas. The large metal stomach area also sets it apart as being very unique compared to some hauberks.
I chose the gloves and boots because of their simplicity, and obviously they matched well together. The both have main brown areas that don't dye, and then in-between those areas, is the dyeable part.
![]() |
| a simple shot showing the outfit and steed together |
Shoulders: Westemnet Assault Shoulderpads of Tactics (walnut brown dye) light crafted tier 9
Chest: Strong Dunlending Skirmish Armour (burgundy dye) medium crafted tier 7
Gloves: Agile Eastemnet Combat Gauntlets (walnut brown dye) medium crafted tier 8
Feet: Agile Eastemnet Combat Boots (walnut brown dye) medium crafted tier 8





Comments
Post a Comment