Midnight Magic
It has recently come to my attention that a fellow cosmetic blogger posted an outfit recently (but before I posted this) that has the same name. I and my kinship did not realize this when we named this outfit.
I would like to extend a very large thank you to Keldarah of Gladden for taking time away from playing the new update 14 content to let me take photos of her outfit. I would also like the thank my kinmates, the players of Rangers of the West kinship, for name suggestions for this outfit! 

For quite sometime now, it has been a wish and a want of mine to feature other players designed outfits on my blog. The reason for that is quite simple: not every player who enjoys cosmetics wishes, wants, or has time to maintain a cosmetic blog.
But that also means that their gorgeous outfits will not reach the general LOTRO public, and I believe that there are many incredible and gorgeous outfits that deserve a platform upon which others can see them.
Whilst kinchat is going, I have this thing where I like to inspect other players and look at their outfits. Sometimes, I'm just curious to see what others are wearing, other times, I have found specific pieces of outfits that I love tremendously. I happened to inspect Keldarah, and I came across this outfit. It literally blew me away. It was drop-dead gorgeous, to be completely honest, and I told Kel so. Out on a whim, I asked Keldarah if sometime I could take screenshots of it, and feature it on my blog, and she got very excited. We took screenshots a little while later that day.
What first blew me away about this outfit was the shoulderguards. In Keldarah's own words, [the shoulders] are elegant without being too bulky and overbearing, and I completely agree.
The shoulders flow into the cape so well, and the cape is just as pretty as the shoulders. It is hard to find a cape this gorgeous in-game, but this one is truly one of those jaw-dropping capes.
The chest pieces follows the shoulders and cape, with a black and charcoal base, and bits of gold throughout. I love that the trousers are so simple, and thus draw attention to the prettiest parts of the outfit. The boots are simple, but with the little buttons, they are not too simple. The circlet adds the perfect, final touch of gold to the outfit.
Head: Fine Elven Circlet (sienna dye) Cosmetic Gift Box*
Shoulders: Mantle of the Beneficent (black dye) Skirmish Chest Loot
Back: Willful Cloak of Eomer (black dye) light crafted tier 8
Chest: High Herald's Armour (black dye) medium crafted tier 6
Hands: Dwarf Padded Gloves (black dye)**
Legs: Tattered Leggings of the Dunland Sage (black dye) Dunland quest reward
Feet: Nightshade Boots (black dye) Dunland quest reward
Satchel: Reforged Rune-keepers Satchel of the Second Age (black dye)
*also often available for purchase in the Auction Hall
**very low level, any simple gloves will do in the place of these gloves.





This is a beautiful outfit. I've used those shoulders in so many of my outfits that it's absolutely sinful. I prefer them on female characters, as they look more rounded than they do on their male counterparts.
ReplyDeleteI once entertained the idea of guest submissions for my blog, but it proved to be a lot of hard work making them fit my post format. That's why I limited myself to outfits from contests :) Either way, it does give others a chance to display their own creations!
Agreed, the outfit is gorgeous. The shoulders blew me away, and I can't wait to get my hands on a pair of my own.
DeleteAs for featuring, for the time being, I've decided to limit features to kinmembers, and possibly close LoTRO friends. I feel like if I got tells from random people on the server asking me, "hey can you feature my outfit?" would become a bit tiresome and overwhelming.