Ranger of Smoke & Flame

"Few remember them...yet still some go wandering, sons of forgotten kings walking in loneliness, guarding from evil things folks that are heedless"

 To be honest, sadly, my inspiration for outfits has been dwindling. I have outfits sitting in my vault that I cannot use, even though they are all planned out and dyed, because I simply do not have shared wardrobe yet.

But that is not the topic at hand. I am growing near the end of my time in Moria, and that is a glorious sight. A couple of weeks ago, I spent some time in the section of Moria known as the Flaming Deeps, and the fire shooting out of the ground seemed like a very good area to style a fiery outfit after. Ranger's masks are one of those iconic cosmetic pieces that I think everyone should have, even if they are only makeshift ranger's masks.

The cloak, "Flames of the Deep", is a very staple, nice and fun cloak to have in your vault. Even though the cloak and the hauberk really do go together, sometimes it is nice to have consistency throughout the outfit.

Adding simple shoulder guards, gloves, and boots draw attention to the orange and red of the cloak and hauberk,  though there is a lovely bit of orange in the gloves that nicely compliments the main pieces.

This outfit is inspired by an outfit that my brother designed for his race of man hunter. I absolutely adored the outfit, so I had to pick up some of the pieces, but I tweaked it a little bit to fit more with the style I enjoy.

Head: Makeshift Ranger Mask (olive dye)
Shoulders: Leather Shoulder Pads of Might (olive dye)
Back: Flames of the Deep (olive dye)
Chest: Flame Touched Hauberk (olive dye)
Hands: Leather Gauntlets (olive dye)
Feet: Soft Leather Boots (olive dye)

Comments

  1. Makaia, this is a very good example of a low level, easy to make outfit. It mostly requires very little skirmish marks and medallions, some silver, or a combination of the three. Personally, I love those fire-themed pieces from the cosmetic skirm camp vendors...they're perfect for any Moria adventures :) Well done!

    As for earning your shared wardrobe, I have some simple advice for you. Just to warn you, it might be a bit time consuming depending on how often you play. If you have any extra character slots or low level characters you never plan on using, use that slot to make a TP farming toon. Complete all the deeds in Ered Luin, the Shire, and Bree-land, and you can earn 330 TP. Delete the character and do it all over again. If you use the slayer boots from your starting giftboxes, you can speed up the process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nathrien! I really appreciate the compliments! And I agree. I've actually had a few lower level friends ask me to suggest cosmetic pieces for outfits, and this is the outfit I'm always showing them that they can make! :)

      Thank you for the info and tips! I really appreciate that! I am almost at the end of completing all my deeds for my main, and I've started doing some on my alts. Hopefully by the end of the month, I'll be showing off the Rohan style pieces I've picked up from the auction hall :P

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bleak as Winter - Region Series Part V

Dragon Scale

Spring in the Sutcrofts